Forum

Post your questions and comments here!

downward arrow

Comments
  1. Artie Deco says:

Looking for a dealer in North central Arizona. Prescott Valley/Dewey area.

• Heizer Defense currently sells through distribution, so simply have your dealer order from one of the following Distributors: AcuSport, AmChar, Bangers, Bill Hicks, Big Rock Sports, Hick’s Inc., Sports South, Williams Shooting Supply, or Zanders.

2. John McLeod says:

Can you explain what the status is of the Double-Tap, 2 shot pistol? Looking at your site or Facebook page, it’s like it never existed. What’s the story on this gun? Why did it come and go and what is the status of it’s production quality and reliability?

3. Edward Diaz says:

Do you have any holster ideas or links for your weapons?

• In regards to the pocket pistols, any holster that fits the popular 380’s will fit our pistols. In regards to the PKO-45, we’re working with a number of holster companies; there will be many options available.

• Dennis LaMontagne says:

That post from 2016 mentioned “many options” (holster) for the PKO-45 were coming. Is there an update to this? I found one pocket holster that works but this is really no pocket gun. I’m looking for an IWB, preferably tuckable.

• bblissettheizerdefense says:

Dennis, we are currently working with a couple of holster manufacturers to make proprietary holsters for the PKO-45. I don’t have anything set in stone yet, but we’re hoping to have details hashed out and product available first quarter 2019. -Brittany Blissett, Sales & Marketing Manager

• Neil L. says:

Heizer told me over 6 months ago that they were going to provide a mold to Kinetic Holsters for the PKO 45 so they could make kydex holsters. They never did. I have been waiting for months to buy a holster… .

Liked by 1 person

Hi Neil, I’m currently working with a couple of holster manufacturers to make proprietary, molded holsters for our PKO. I’m hoping to make an announcement later this week along those lines. I’m not familiar with Kinetic Holsters, but I think our PKO customers will definitely be happy with the manufacturer we’re working with currently.

4. Ron M. says:

Any plans of making barrels in pistol calibers like 9mm, .45ACP, and .357 Mag?

5. Floyd Shrout says:

very interested in .357,ported….been wishing for single shot for a long time…

6. Dan Thompson says:

Bought the PKO45 in June, 2018 and I love this gun! I am a 1911 fan with a Wilson Combat and 3 Kimbers all in 45 ACP and I always wanted a pocket 45 ACP with 1911 function – the PKO45 has thrilled me. It shoots like a dream … I mean it is at minimum as easy shooting as a full-size 1911. While I have no handling issues with my Kimber Ultra, the PKO45 is softer.

I can’t wait to get a holster that is made for it but I have to confess I stick it in my waist band behind my right hip which is the same place I holster my 1911s – this isn’t recommended with any gun but the completely flat sides of the PKO45 makes it hold tight if wearing a belt. This gun replaced my Kimber Ultra as my every day executive-business carry and weekend farm carry gun (I can’t wait to slip it into my coat pocket this winter).

I shot four kinds of ammo (3 JHP and 230 grain round ball) first time out and had one minor jam in over 100 rounds which is great for break-in. I did shoot the front fiber out of the sight but found it on the ground, put it back in, and easily used a lighter to blunt the end that had been missed (Heizer even had me covered with spare fibers that came with the gun but I didn’t have to use them).

I am buying one of these in 9mm for my wife because the 45 version shoots at least as soft than the Sig P238 380 ACP pistols that she currently has. I also love the innovative grip safety on the front of the gun and none of the micro-1911s in 380 or 9mm from other manufacturers have any grip safety. The 9mm has to be a soft-shooting dream!

7. Just Joe says:

Been wanting the PKO 45 for a while now and finally purchased one online to be sent to my local FFL. This is my first “outside the box” firearms purchase and I’ve got to say that without ever having handled one or even seen one in real live, I’m both excited and a bit nervous. But mostly excited.

Stay excited Joe! The PKO-45 is definitely a unique offering, but sometimes you have to break the mold in order to make a better product. I look forward to hearing how you enjoy the gun! -Brittany Blissett, Sales & Marketing Manager

• Just Joe says:

Hi Brittany – I absolutely love that pistol. It is compact and it is gorgeous and it hurls large chunks of lead down range. Recoil I’m sure is reduced with the guide rod and spring over the barrel, butt being a lightweight .45, it definitely kicks – maybe like a baby mule instead of a full grown one.

Is it possible to get night sights on it? Shows up great in the daytime, but would love some night sites. I love the pistol and would never trade it, but I do have a couple suggestions based on my experience with it so far – one would be frontstrap and backstrap checkering. I’ve had no problems losing my grip on it, but I’ve also only been shooting indoors and didn’t have sweaty hands. Worth considering. Another thing is that the recoil does hammer a bit on my thumb joint where it meets the rest of my hand – not sure if a small rubberized cushion could ease that a little bit.

Thanks for the feedback Joe! We always appreciate customer comments and suggestions. Night sights are definitely something we’re exploring, feeling the waters on demand for. And, actually, I just got off the phone with an industry heavyweight who might be able to help you out in the “cushion” department. Details coming soon…

8. Eric Jackson Lurie says:

Have your PAR, PAK and just ordered your PKO 45 from my gun shop. The quality of your guns is exceptional. We have a rule in my family that we only buy American made firearms. Where do I get some swag to show my pride in being a Heizer fire arms owner? Also when will the PKO 9mm come out? Thank you. EJL

Eric, thank you for, not only, being a loyal Heizer customer, but a PROUD one. We sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our products. I am currently working on some Heizer Gear ideas and hope to have some offerings available to you and our other customers first quarter 2019. In regards to the 9mm, we do not currently have an ETA on that. But, please know, we are hard at work on a 9mm and are just as excited as you to be able to release a quality product as soon as it has passed our testing and quality control standards. -Brittany Blissett, Sales & Marketing Manager

9. Stephen White says:

Hello.

I was attempting to push out the pin holding the barrel, but it won’t come out. I tried using a bullet to push it out on the left side, but it doesn’t seem to budge. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Stephen

10. Dennis says:

Are any manufacturers making holsters for it yet? I too have tried mine in the pants with good result but I would rather have a good tuckable holster. Thanks in advance!

Dennis, we will have a big holster announcement coming SOON! We had a great meeting last week with one of the industry’s top holster manufacturers and hope to have product available for purchase after the 1st of the year!

• Ed Reyes says:

Do you purchase it through gun show and also the gun itself?

Ed, the guns themselves can be ordered through your local FFL. We have several distributors that they can place their order through. Details on the holsters will be released once the program is finalized.

• Eric Jackson Lurie says:

That’s great news! I too have been looking for a holster for my PKO 45. Please let us know via this forum if possible. EJL

11. Chuck says:

Are spare magazine’s available for the PKO45?

Leave a comment